Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year fashionistas!  I hope everyone has a fabulous, healthy and prosperous 2013!  In reflecting on the past year, some of my favorite fashion moments of 2012, in no particular order:
1.  Helmut Lang 2012 sweater collection.  My favorite designer sweater collection of the last year, which I shopped a lot this past Fall - innovative knitting techniques and mixture of yarns resulting in kick-ass designs.  Sweaters don't need to be bulky and plain to keep a woman stylish and warm through the winter.

2.  Makeup Forever Flash Color Case - a tip from a local makeup artist and fashion photographer lead me to the Makeup Forever collection.  Vibrant colors, long lasting wear - just what a fashionista needs to pizazz up her look.  (shopping tip: the online Sephora site offers special discounts on the Flash Color Case).
3.  Camaraderie of the #TeamElena Project Runway tweeters for Elena Slivnyak's Fan Favorite win.

4.  Spending time with Thom & Manda!

Sister Eden Asp in one of my favorite designs with the designer, Fernando Ruiz.
Sister Nancy Drew Blood! 

5.  Hanging out with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence backstage at Project Nunway and seeing their transformation into beautiful models.

My Supreme Beings outfit by IIMUAHII.  Photo by Erica Henderson.
6.  Handling PR for the IIMUAHII "Supreme Beings" fashion show and getting to know Elena Slivnyak better.  Great experience within PR/event promotions and wonderful working with other businesses that show their support to local designers through sponsorships.

Rocking it out at Glamorama! The Patron band!
7.  Getting a compliment from Amy Heidemann of Karmin on my Swati Couture outfit at Macy's Glamorama.

Love Esteban - he's so fierce and fabulous! Photo by Ed Jay.
One of my favorite SF Fashion Icons. Photo by Ed Jay.
8.  Running into one of my favorite MUAs, Esteban David, and meeting Yuri Pascarella at La Grande Fete.

Lady Rizo.  Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.
Designer Danielle Pettee & me.  Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.
Stunning performance by Dita Von Teese.  Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.
9.  Hanging out with SF's most fashion fabulous at the La Maison Cointreau Party and seeing the multi-talented Lady Rizo and mesmerizing Dita Von Teese perform!

At the de Young Museum.  Photo by Ed Jay.
10.  Meeting Jean Paul Gaultier and getting receiving a compliment on my IIMUAHII corset.

Wearable Art by Joshua Bernstein, styling by Monique Zhang.  Photo by Steve Han.
Design by Joshua Bernstein.  Photo by Moanalani Jeffrey.
11. Modeling for SF Beautiful and showing support for this impactful non-profit!

12.  Finding the Z-Rack through a desperate Google search to help with my clothes storage challenges -  my racks kept collapsing and had poor stability.  The Z-Rack is the best I've found and allows me to store more outfits.

Maison martin Margiela H&M March.  Photo by Herm Pugay.
13.  Marching for H&M through San Francisco.  One of the most unusual marketing experiences I've ever experienced.

A small portion of "Subterranea" by Lynn Rubenzer, featuring Michele Gates. 
14.  Being immortalized drawn into my favorite San Francisco artist Lynn Rubenzer's "Subterranea" painting, featured at Viracocha.

What are some of your favorite fashionable moments of 2012?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how you got so good. HaHa! This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your design is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete